A set of generic role descriptions and person specifications have been developed by the WLGA and authorities for councillors. They are applicable in any authority and are made available as suggestions rather than prescription.
The role descriptions set out the responsibilities and functions of the role of the elected member. The person specifications describe the qualities and skills required of the member in the role and can help when considering personal development.
The set covers the following roles:
- Cabinet Member
- Chair of the Council
- Chair of DS Committee
- Member of DS Committee
- Chair of a Regulatory Committee
- Member of a Regulatory Committee
- Chair of Standards Committee
- Member of Standards Committee
- Chair of Audit Committee
- Member of Audit Committee
- Chair of an Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Member of an Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Leader of the Opposition
- Member Champion
Further sets have been developed for members serving on National Park and Fire and Rescue Authorities. The full suite of descriptions is linked to this page.
For more information contact: Sarah Titcombe