Thursday 23 November 2017
City Hall, Cardiff
& Dinner at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff
The WLGA’s autumn seminar takes place the day after the Chancellor’s Autumn Budget. Set against a back-drop of the longest period of public sector austerity, the ongoing Brexit negotiations and during discussions on the future shape of Welsh local government, this seminar promises to be one of the key public sector events of the year.
The seminar will be the first major local government event since May’s local elections and will hear from leading politicians from local and national governments and representatives from academia, business and the third sector covering topics such as local leadership and regional collaboration, Prosperity for All, Regenerating Wales post-Brexit and Revitalising and diversifying local democracy.
- Councillor Debbie Wilcox, WLGA Leader
- Rt. Hon Carwyn Jones AM, First Minister
- Mark Drakeford AM, Cabinet Secretary for Finance
- Alun Davies AM, Cabinet Secretary for Local Government and Public Services
- Rt. Hon Alun Cairns MP, Secretary of State for Wales
- Cerys Furlong, Chief Executive, Chwarae Teg
- Jess Blair, Chief Executive, Electoral Reform Society Cymru
- Professor Dylan Jones Evans, University of South Wales
- Dr Victoria Winckler, Bevan Foundation
A conference dinner will be held at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff with after dinner speaker Richard Parks (Endurance Athlete & TV Personality).
Who should attend?
- Senior councillors and officers, WLGA Member Authorities
- Representatives from public sector organisations
- Representatives from third sector organisations
- Representatives from the private sector
Programme and Booking Forms
Booking is now open for this event - please visit this page to complete a booking form
Programme - open link here
- £75.00 (+VAT) per delegate: WLGA Members and Associate Members
- £119.00 (+VAT) per delegate: Third Sector
- £195.00 (+VAT) per delegate: Public Sector
- £245.00 (+VAT) per delegate: Private Sector
Exhibition and Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Contact email@example.com for further information.