Our WLGA Social Services Bulletin is a bimonthly newsletter which has been designed to provide you with news and developments relating to social care, health and public health within Wales. It also features new publications and resources and forthcoming events from the WLGA and other organisations including the Welsh Government, National Assembly for Wales, WCVA, ADSS Cymru, National Adoption Service, Older People's Commissioner for Wales and the Children's Commissioner for Wales.
Our WLGA Social Services Briefings are available to view/download from this website page and cover the following subject areas: Investing in Social Services. These documents have been developed primarily for local government Elected Members and officers in order to update them on developments in social services policy and legislation in Wales.
Our short film below highlights what older people in Wales would like their Elected Member Older People's Champions to aspire to:
Ageing Well in Wales is a national Programme hosted by the Older People's Commissioner for Wales. It brings together individuals and communities with public, private and voluntary sectors to develop and promote innovative and practical ways to make Wales a good place to grow older for everyone. The Welsh Local Government Association is one of the partners supporting the programme, which has produced a number of resources, including the following pocket guides:
- Making Wales a nation of age-friendly communities: A practical guide to creating change in your community - Open link
- A guide to being an age-friendly business - Open link
- A pocket guide to being dementia supportive - Open link
- Making a Difference: A pocket guide to help you deal with loneliness - Open link
- A guide to setting up a community learning club - Open link
For more information contact: Barry Williams